#GivingTuesday – November 29
Black Friday, Cyber Monday, #GivingTuesday!
#GivingTuesday is a global day of giving that harnesses the collective power of individuals, communities and organizations to encourage philanthropy and to celebrate generosity worldwide. #GivingTuesday is held annually on the Tuesday after Thanksgiving and the widely recognized shopping events Black Friday and Cyber Monday, serving as a kick-off for the holiday giving season and inspiring people to collaborate in improving their world.
This year on November 29th, Happy Hearts Fund, in tandem with global #GivingTuesday events, will harness the collective power of its partners—both businesses and individuals—to create a brighter future for children around the world whose education has been disrupted by natural disasters. On this upcoming #GivingTuesday, Happy Hearts Fund is calling for urgent action to respond to the Haiti crisis which is still unfolding.
Responding to Hurricane Matthew in Haiti:
On October 4th of this year, Hurricane Matthew devastated Haiti, leveling towns and villages in its path. At least 1,000 people have died and another 1.4 million are in urgent need of humanitarian assistance. At the time of the hurricane, Haiti, the poorest country in the Western Hemisphere, had not yet fully recovered from the catastrophic earthquake of 2010. This #GivingTuesday, Happy Hearts Fund will call on supporters to bring hope to children and families in Haiti by rebuilding schools destroyed by the earthquake. Read below to learn how you can be integral part of this urgent appeal.
This year on November 22nd, ahead of #GivingTuesday on the 29th, Happy Hearts Fund will launch its annual #GivingTuesday campaign on Crowdrise, a digital fundraising platform. We’re encouraging our supporters and friends to take action for Haiti by:
- “Joining the Team”: Make a profile on Crowdrise and rally support from your personal network
- “Fundraising for this Campaign”: Donate directly to the cause by making an individual donation and encourage your network to do the same
- Further the reach of your impact by asking your employer to match or double what you raise
- Advocate for Happy Hearts Fund by driving traffic to HHF’s Crowdrise page
- CONTEST: The Happy Hearts Fund supporter who raises the most money during our #GivingTuesday campaign will win a 19 Degree copper luggage set donated by TUMI.
Our goal is to make your appeal for Happy Hearts Fund’s #GivingTuesday campaign and Haiti response easy, successful and fun. The need is great, but with your help, we can bring hope and empowerment to children and families across Haiti. Join us at the link below to get started on November 22nd: